Memoir Assignment

This one was my favorite memoir: http://teacher.scholastic.com/writeit/readpoem.asp?id=6012&genre=Memoir&Page=3&sortBy=
 Just because it had some spunk and was really cute! I think that there were some good elements of it but there were some elements that could've been omitted. I don't think the writer develops the character well. She doesn't really develop Sam as a character. She doesn't even describe the way he looks, she basically just tells about him.   She's not really telling her story just he memory. She seems to have written it as it has been happening not looking back on it so it's kind of not a memoir really. I think she does do a good job by picking a subject that many readers can relate to. The title she picked made me choose this blog to read. There is really no tension or suspense building in her memoir. The only conflict is the conflict that many girls can relate to, not knowing if Sam feels the same way. Their also it little to know character development, this is a weird composition but I enjoy it. She does a good job of focusing on a particular subject though, but this is not the best memoir. This composition is more like a diary entry than a memoir but like I said before I enjoyed it. I really wish she would've described his personality and his physical characteristics more. This composition in my eyes wouldn't be called a memoir but a diary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment