Father to Son

The father to son relationship in The Road is very powerful. The father is basically living for his son, just in order for his son to survive. I think it is beautiful how much the father loves his son. My father and I don't necessarily have the close bond that the father and son in the book have. The way he cares for his son is the way that a good father should care; he does everything for his son. Nowadays you don’t see too many relationships like this one. There are many fathers who are out of the picture and don’t care for their child enough to pick up the phone. There are too many times where fathers don’t understand the place they hold in their child’s life. Such as, in this story the boy needs his father in order to survive. Without his father there he would’ve been dead immediately. There are times where I take my father for granted but just like the father in The Road he is always there. I think every father should strive to be like the father in the book. EVERY expecting father should be required to read this book!

2 comments:

  1. while reading your blog I was thinking about how true many of your statements are. there are so many .....(way to many to count on 2 hands) dead beat dads in todays world and it makes me question the difference between a father and a dad. so at what point are you someone's father and not just their dad? I think that it is perfectly displayed with the relationship in the road.
    -K. Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're also right, the father in The Road displays the right attitude towards his son, all dads SHOULD have this "correct" relationship with their children, but it's a shame not everyone does.
    -charlotte Pellegrini

    ReplyDelete