The Moment I Knew I Was An American

This blog topic is a pretty tricky for me but honestly I have always felt I was American. I was born and raised in the USA right in Chicago. So why wouldn't I be an American? I think I possess qualities that a good American should have so I think I am an American. I think when I really began to appreciate my country was when I became interested in politics. I never really cared much about American till like the 7th grade when we began debating topics. America the beautiful, till 7th grade I never really knew what that meant. I now know that America is a wonderful and amazing place, it's a place that everyone can come to to have a great life. I think if someone older wrote this blog they would talk about how September 11th made them an American but I don't really remember that day because I was 6 years old. I think if I was older, that would've been my moment that I knew I was an American. When I watch documentaries about that day I am sad and upset at the disaster. I wish I could've been older to help, maybe the victims family. I hope to go to New York soon to see ground zero and get better look on our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment