There Goes The Neighborhood

I guess if I told someone where I lived and they didn't know me, they probably would think I was ghetto and hood and things of that nature. Some people think that people who live in the Westside are ghetto and loud, which isn't necessarily true. I haven't lived on my block for that long but I know isn't the particularly best neighborhood although it is usually pretty quiet. I have lived in about four different neighborhoods. I was born on the south east side and lived there till I was about 10. From there I moved to the South Westside and lived in there for about 6 months. I then moved to the suburbs and lived there for 4 years, then moved back to the city. i kind of liked suburban life, but I love the city much more. In the suburbs the neighborhood was pretty diverse, My neighborhood now has mostly African American and Latinos. That's kind of how Christopher Columbus "neighborhood" in America then there we mostly Europeans and Native Americans. I like that Whitney Young is very diverse because I'm surrounded by so many different cultures unlike my neighborhood really. So there goes my neighborhood.

3 comments:

  1. I dont think youre trill at all, and what suburb did you live in for 4 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are often stereotyping others based and where they're from. I had the same problem. It's pretty irritating but it's how the world is. We just have to accept it and over come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true how people just get a wrong image of you just because of your race, religion, or stuff like that. And, have you ever notice how others describe how your acting?
    "Don't be so white!" or "You're such a Mexican!"
    It does get annoying after a while...

    ReplyDelete