John Proctor, Hero or Stooge?

The Crucible has been a very good book so far but I find many things absurd. I am truly grateful that today isn't like how it was then otherwise I would be a very unpleasant person. Through the book i have found many characters I like such as Rebecca but I've also found villains like Abby. I characterize Abby as a mean spirited evil girl who doesn't care for other at all. In many parts of the book it seems like she is the devil. I also have lost faith in John Proctor through out the book. I find him becoming more cowardly when he should stick up for his wife. The events that happen in this book are almost unthinkable. I find it crazy that they are tearing a town upside down from what some children are saying. To have women being hanged and in prison because of what children are saying is crazy. haven't they ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? I also find the preacher a unholy man who believes the children even though he saw what happened. To put others lives on the line just to save his reputation is wrong as he's a preacher! I think John Proctor right now is a stooge at this point of the book. He needs to step up and be a man and tell the entire truth to get crazy Abby out of that town.

No comments:

Post a Comment