PHENOMENON of JD Salinger

Hey
I had a very difficult time finding some sort of interview for JD Salinger. Usually when you Google someone famous everything comes up, but not him. I found that sort of surprising especially because he’s such a renowned author.  He had pretty good reason to retreat from society, his personality didn’t seem to be made for the spotlight. One of his quotes give reason to his reason for retreating, "I like to write. I love to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure.” His neighbors in Cornish respected his privacy which led to him living a peaceful life.  He also adds, “I'm known as a strange, aloof kind of man. But all I'm doing is trying to protect myself and my work." Which I agree with, no one really wants anyone all into their personal life as people probably did after Catcher In The Rye was published. The views in 1951 were that it was “[A] firestorm for controversy and debate. Critics have argued the moral issues raised by the book and the context in which it is presented. Some have argued that Salinger's tale of the human condition is fascinating and enlightening, yet incredibly depressing. The psychological battles of the novel's main character, Holden Caulfield, serve as the basis for critical argument. Caulfield's self-destruction over a period of days forces one to contemplate society's attitude toward the human condition.” Now it is praised as the “ [a book of a] wonderful language by J. D. Salinger in an unusually brilliant novel.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment